Last updated May 1, 2020
Welcome to the ALT CAL
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, business title, business address, or telephone number of employees of organizations ("Personal Information"). The protection of Personal Information is very important to us. This Policy and our practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5) and the Personal Information Protection Act (S.B.C. 2003, c. 63).
- 1.2 Acceptance - By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with this Policy. If you are using the Website on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept the terms and conditions of this Policy on such entity's behalf. If you do not agree to the Website Terms and Conditions or this Policy, you must not access or use the Website.
- 1.3 Modifications - We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revise and update this Policy from time to time. Any and all such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Website. You should periodically review this Policy in order to be aware of any such modifications. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of such modifications
- 2. OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES - We are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of Personal Information that we collect from you. As part of this commitment, we have adopted the following principles:
- 2.1 Accountability - We are responsible for protecting the Personal Information that we collect, and will designate one or more individuals to be accountable for compliance with these principles.
- 2.2 Identifying Purposes - We will identify the purposes for which we collect your Personal Information before or at the time such Personal Information is collected.
- 2.3 Consent - We will obtain your consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information, except as required or exempted by applicable law.
- 2.4 Limiting Collection - The Personal Information that we collect from you will be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- 2.5 Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention - We will only use or disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by applicable law. We will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes.
- 2.6 Accuracy - It is important to us that the Personal Information which we collect is accurate and complete. We rely on you to keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- 2.7 Safeguards - We will protect collected Personal Information through the use of security safeguards as provided in this Policy.
- 2.8 Openness - We will provide you with information about this Policy and related procedures with respect to Personal Information that we collect.
- 2.9 Access - You may be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of Personal Information that we collect from you and may access such Personal Information as provided in this Policy.
- 3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 3.1 Account Information - The Company does not, as a matter of course, gather any of your Personal Information while you are using the Website, unless we request that you provide such information (for example, by signing up for a user account or by completing your user profile) and except as provided in this Policy. We will only use Personal Information which we collect for the stated purpose.
- 3.2 Statistical and Analytical Information - The Company may collect certain information, including through the use of third party analytics programs, to help us understand how our users use the Website. This information is not Personal Information as it does not identify you personally. Such information may include your IP address, browser and computer type, access times, and the websites from which you came.
- 3.4 User Submissions - This Policy does not apply to, and we do not collect, any Personal Information or other submissions you make to the Website through functionalities such as calendars (including through creating, sharing, and accepting events and locations), channels, topics, chat rooms message boards or other messaging systems, personal or other websites, forums, or bulletin boards. Other users and third parties may be able to identify you or associate you with your account if you submit Personal Information through such functionalities. The Company is not responsible for any Personal Information you submit through these functionalities.
- 4. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 4.1 Account Information - If you wish to access the Website, including content or areas of the Website, you must register for a user account by providing us with information about yourself or the entity on whose behalf you are registering. You may also provide us with your Personal Information by completing your user profile. We may use such Personal Information to:
- (a) administer your user account;
- (b) enhance customer service; and
- (a) [NTD: Other].
- 4.2 E-mail Address - As long as you maintain a user account, you consent to, and may not "opt out" of receiving user account-related e-mails from the Company. If you subscribe to the Website distribution list, we will also use your e-mail address to distribute to you, from time to time, promotional materials of and information about the Company or Website. You may unsubscribe from our distribution list at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any such e-mail or by contacting us at AltCalSupport@alt-cal.com.
- 4.3 Your Consent to Use of Personal Information - We may obtain your consent to use your Personal Information in various ways. We may obtain your express consent to use your Personal Information, or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances.
Providing us with your Personal information is always your choice. When you register for a user account or complete your user profile, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of the Personal Information you provide to appropriate third parties for such purposes, and authorize us to use and retain such Personal Information as long as it may be required for such purposes. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn.
If you withdraw or do not provide us your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information, you may limit or prevent us from being able to provide you with functionalities or services desired.
- 5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
- 5.1 General Non-Disclosure - Except as provided in this Policy, the Company does not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose any Personal Information we collect to third parties.
- 5.2 Internal Disclosure - We may disclose collected Personal Information to our affiliates, successors, business partners, and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us. As the Company continues to develop and grow, we may buy, merge, or sell parts of our business. Personal Information may be an asset that is transferred in such a transaction.
- 5.3 Required or Exempted Disclosure - There are legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain your consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information. For example, we are permitted to disclose your Personal Information without your consent to comply with court orders or regulatory requirements.
- 5.4 Risk - Despite our best efforts to ensure that third parties will not access or obtain collected Personal Information in contravention of this Policy, we cannot and do not guarantee complete confidentiality and security of your Personal Information, as communication via the internet is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that any information you communicate to us over the internet is at your own risk.
- 6. YOUR CONTROL OVER PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 Access to Your Personal Information - On written request to the Company at AltCalSupport@alt-cal.com, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of Personal Information that we have collected from you, and may give you access to such Personal Information as required or permitted by law.
- 6.2 Retention and Destruction - The Company retains your Personal Information only as long as we are required to for our services relationship or as required by applicable law, subject to reasonable industry practices for records retention. The Company has appropriate procedures in place with respect to destruction, deletion, and disposition of your Personal information when we no longer require it, subject to applicable law. If you would like us to permanently delete all of the Personal Information we have collected from you after your user account has been terminated, please contact us at AltCalSupport@alt-cal.com.
- 6.3 Keeping Personal Information Accurate - It is important that your user information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to provide you with the best possible service. You may update, correct, and otherwise revise Personal Information that you provide to us by accessing your user profile. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of your e-mail address, legal name, or other circumstances.
Despite our best efforts, errors may occur. If you identify any Personal Information that is out-of-date, incorrect, or incomplete, please contact us at AltCalSupport@alt-cal.com. We will make the necessary corrections promptly, and will use every reasonable effort to correct such changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date Personal Information from us.
- 7. HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION - We employ physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all Personal Information that we collect against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures employed by us are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information we collect.
Our service providers and agents are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and may not use such Personal Information for any unauthorized purpose.
- 8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION - If there is a dispute regarding your Personal Information or this Policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with us informally and to consult and negotiate with us in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution. If the dispute is not resolved through an informal process within 30 days, either you or the Company may consult the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia.
- 9. JURISDICTION - Depending on the location of users and our third party service providers, Personal Information that we collect, including user registrant and profile information, may be located and accessed from outside of Canada, or sent to others outside of Canada. Any Personal Information that is sent to or located outside of Canada may be subject to access by law enforcement and government authorities having jurisdiction in those countries in which such Personal Information is located.
- 10. CONTACT, ENQUIRIES, COMPLAINTS - If you have any further questions, concerns, unresolved enquiries or complaints about this Policy and related issues, please contact us at AltCalSupport@alt-cal.com.